Search Apartment37:

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Reflections

Every year I always have some different reflections/observations as I think about and anticipate and experience Christmas. Every year, there is either a new song that really reaches my heart or a song lyric that I have sung for twenty-something years that strikes a new chord in my heart and understanding. Something I fall in love with, inside.

This year I haven't found a new song. But as the season progressed I patiently waited to see what would strike my heart. It happened in church Sunday morning. We were singing Hark the Herald Angels Sing. Titus was in his moby wrap singing his lungs out (so precious!) and I leaned down to kiss the top of his head so I stopped singing and reflecting on the words for a moment but when I finished the kiss, I came in singing; "Mild He lays His glory by." It's a simple line but, it's packed. It's kenosis.

Christ MILDLY laid aside His GLORY. That's so huge. Glory and mild are like, antonyms. He voluntarily did it. He humbly did it. He did it.

I'm thankful.

I have more Christmas Reflections. But I'll share them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment